Search box

Friday, February 10, 2006

Snow and Goodbye

With the wind howling all last night, I wasn’t surprised to find the ground all covered in snow. Sigh. Actually, it was forecasted. I was hoping that the weather station would be wrong. Temps for tomorrow are only supposed to be in the mid to upper 30s. I know I shouldn’t complain, since the weather we have been experiencing has been mild.

Our monthly meeting for the Mountain Shadow Riders is tomorrow and if the snow is on the ground, I’m not going to ride. I can deal with the cold for a bit, but the ice and snow…no way.

One of the riders in our community passed away earlier this week. Tim Krueger has been a part of the motorcycle community here in the Springs for many years. He was well-liked and well-respected by everyone that met him. The Mountain Shadow Riders holds Tim in a special place in our group because of the support he gave us. He was always willing to take the time out and work with the group. From maintenance, basic wrenching, and our “ooops, I dropped it” classes, he was always ever so patient and helpful in supporting us.

He’ll certainly be missed. This rider knows that if the weather is clear and I can get my bike out and around the ice on the ground, I’ll be there on two wheels.

Keep the shiny side up.

No comments: