Search box

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Bikes, Bikes, Bikes and LOTSA Stuff

My friends (Jeanne, Mickey, and Jim) went to the 28th Colorado Show and Swap Meet in Denver this afternoon. I can pick my tongue off the floor now…the motorcycles were fabulous!!

This was my first visit to this show and I had a really great time! What I liked about this show was all the custom bikes and the custom bike dealers. Some of these machines were incredible. I had a serious drool affair with Wild West Custom Cycles’ metallic chartreuse colored bike with the purple and blue flames. All their bikes were really great to look at! I’m not sure I’d want to ride one for a long distance (but can’t make that claim since I have no clue as to the ride), but it was a beauty to eyeball!

I was also making eyes at this really great Harley. It was purple of all things. Of course it was purple! Jeanne was poking fun at me by telling me that if I got this bike, I wouldn’t have matching chaps any more. Oh rats….killed the deal so I had to turn it down. Sorry fella….

Speaking of chaps, I am now the proud owner of a new pair of chaps. All the gang had great fun trying on fun colored chaps. Well, except Jim…..he he he. Jeanne was really eyeing the pink chaps…I think she’d have done the deal but they were too short. I liked them too……until I put on these really cool red leather-fringed chaps on. Sweet…………..One of my HOG friends happened to be walking by and gave me a shout out while we were in the booth. His greeting was something like…(and this is the PG-13 version)….”Christine, I thought I recognized your booty in those red chaps!” Then he went on to tell me that he liked them as much as my hot pink vinyl pants that I wore for the Breast Cancer Awareness ride. Shhh, we won’t tell him I’m working on topping last year’s ride!!

Now, if I can find a vest to match………..

Actually, I went down to the show to see if I could pick up a pair of frames for my saddlebags. Well, I’m still on the hunt for those frames (and if you read between the lines you can see how ‘hard’ I looked for them)! Besides, how important are frames in comparison to scarlet chaps? If you can make a better argument I’ll put them on and we’ll go toe-to-toe. I will remind you of the futility of arguing with a woman—especially one that is wearing red leather. Or any leather come to think of it.

Poking around the other booths was fun too. We all had a great time!

On the ride home we talked about riding and specifically, women riding. Jim rides a Heritage Softail, Jeanne rides a Dyna Super Glide Custom and Mickey at the moment is a rider without a bike. She’ll get there—she’s been riding since she was thirteen. It’s just a matter of getting her to find the one she can’t live without!

Somewhere along the mix the Catholic School Girl’s Ride was thrown in the mix. Yeah, that sounds right up my alley…………………….I can see it now…me, a short skirt and a shiny motorcycle…yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Keep the shiny side up!!


No comments: