Search box

Friday, January 06, 2006

Supporting Women in Motorcycling


I've become the e-board moderator of our riding organization. I belong to the local chapter of the Women On Wheels--which is a women's motorcycle riding organization. We accept all types of vehicles! It doesn't matter what kind of motorcycle you ride or even if you have a bike--one of our members doesn't have a bike; she rides along with us in her really cool Mustang.

Our age range and lifestyles all differ--we are younger, older, middle of the road, married, single, professional, non-professional. Some of us wear head gear and some don't. We all just share a love of motorcycling and support one another as a group.

I also am a HOG member (FYI: Harley Owner's Group). They are a good bunch of folks too.....my Fatboy qualifies me for that membership. They are pretty cool since I don't get too much grief if I ride up on my Star.

Yes, I own a metric bike too...I ride a Yamaha V-Star 1100 as well. The photograph on this page...Here I yam on my Yam...as my friend Doug calls my Yamaha......Or better yet, my son calls my Star "Cranky".....now isn't that funny!!!

As women, we face different challenges. Motorcycling is no different. I can say we all look great out together (well, we look that way without the bikes too), but I find that we are still such a novelty. While I do find that it's fun to ride with the "boys", I have also discovered that we have a different type of pack riding and have different style and requirements (like stops every 50 miles to potty)!

I've been riding since I was 16 and only because my boyfriend at the time was riding and I *had* to learn!!!! I'm glad I did!!

The foundation has been laid, so this blog has now evolved into one of my motorcycling adventures!!! Please read along and live vicariously with me!! If you are ever in my neck of the woods and ride, drop me a line and we can ride a twisty or two!!!

Keep the shiny side up!!!

No comments: