Search box

Friday, May 26, 2006

On the Road to Rolling Thunder


Bags packed…check…
Bike washed….check….
Gassed up….check….
Geared up….check…..
Sun block on…..check…..
Safety inspection….check…

Waiting for the front seat rider….still waiting!!

LOL….

Got a few minutes before we leave for DC for Rolling Thunder this afternoon.  It is somewhat overcast—more or less a hot, humid, and hazy day for traveling.  I got out early this morning to run some last minute errands and the breeze during the ride was nice…waiting at the traffic lights was not!!  

I’m excited to be going!!  I love the history of DC to begin with and to do this ride is really turning my crank.  I wished that we could have joined the last leg for Run For the Wall, but the timing was not going to let it happen, so no worries.  It’ll be there next year.  

One day I hope to do like my friend Karla and ride the whole run.  I’d like to take my son along as well….it’ll happen…in a number of years….

Have a safe Memorial Day Weekend…..I plan on taking lots of pics as I’m the designated picture taker this time *smiles*….

Be safe out there and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do….

I’ll be back up on Monday or Tuesday to post the journey!!

Keep the Shiny Side Up!

~The Rainbow Wahine

3 comments:

Giest said...

be safe, have fun and good journey!

Kathleen Jennette said...

Have fun, get your face in the pics too!! Stay cool.

Biker Betty said...

Safe journeys, Christine. Best wishes for a great ride and I can't wait to hear about it and see the pictures when you get back.