Search box

Thursday, June 08, 2006

July 15th Ride: Pike’s Peak Harley Davidson 5-in-1 High Altitude Club Run


It was a big topic of discussion at this month’s Ladies of Harley meeting. The 5-in-1 is an annual event put on by Pike's Peak Harley Davidson every year and is a ride that crosses five mountain passes in one day. The event coordinator and road guards came in and talked to us about the event--to get the word out and answer any questions anyone might have. Some of the LOH members are new riders and it was a good idea to have a Q&A session.

Me, I want to know the route and which five passes we are riding over! From what I understand, the route is some 400 miles (300 miles out, 100 miles back). First group of bikes go out at 6 AM. Yes, folks, that is SIX O’CLOCK IN THE MORNING!!! The five passes selected this year are: Cottonwood, Kenosha, Loveland, Tennessee, and Vail.

Each team will have a Road Captain, a wing rider and a sweep. The team size will be approximately 20 bikes.

Whoooohooooo…I love a challenge! What’s cool is that one of my friends asked if I would mind riding wing for him. What do you think my answer was? Heck yah, I will!!

Even at 6 AM I love a challenge. Why would anyone think otherwise? After all, I did want to ride out with the folks for Rolling Thunder at 4:30 in the morning…so what’s a little hour and a half later??

If you are interested and are in the area, come out and do the ride!! The ride is limited to 400 motorcycles…the end point is in Leadville and we are going to have a rowdy good time on the ride (yes, we’ll be safe on the road) and afterwards. This is mountain riding at its finest!!!!

It’ll be a good time....my crazy friends and I are going to be there! I’ll take pics…

Keep the Shiny Side Up!

~The Rainbow Wahine

No comments: