Search box

Saturday, July 01, 2006

The End of the Road



As with all vacations, my trip came to an end yesterday.  I’d like to thank everyone—Steve, Brenda, Ed, Gloria, Tim, Donna, Rob, Kay, Jimmy, Diane, George, Steve, Daniel, and John for the great memories.  Tim was so kind yesterday at breakfast when he toasted my successful ride and the comment that I was being returned home safe and sound.

I appreciate everyone opening their lives up and sharing their time…I had an absolutely wonderful time getting to know everyone and was happy to be welcomed into the group so warmly!!  I knew it was going to be a special trip when Ed invited me along…without knowing I was already riding in!!

Thank you all and I hope that I get to ride with you again soon.  I know the California trip is on deck next and then Europe…………..I am especially thankful for our time together, but I was especially touched by the various invites for future rides!!!

I’d like to give a special thanks to John for putting together the trip and showing me parts of my home state!  It’s easy to ride the roads that are marked on the maps, but it’s quite another to find all the “hidden” secrets on the side roads.  I just find it ironic that my trip was put together from a man who lives in Arkansas!!!

I feel blessed that I have such extraordinary people come into my life.  They are truly wonderful people and I’m thrilled that I was a part of such a dynamic group of folks.  

Now, back to ordinary life….and let the stories begin!!

Keep the Shiny Side Up!

~The Rainbow Wahine







4 comments:

Beaker said...

Sounds like you had a great time - is always a great way to meet people. Don't forget to come ride down under - would be great to show you guys some of my country!!

Christine said...

I'd LOVE to ride down under and I will definitely look you up *when* I get to your wonderful country!

ellopez said...

sound like one fine story was written. can't wait to read more of it... thanks for sharing.
brl

Anonymous said...

Wow Christine!!! What a GREAT commentary of our trip!!! When did you DO all this writing and adding of photos??!! While the rest of us slept??? Thanks for doing this - I read every word and the memories were brought back to life!

It was fantastic to have you as part of our group! Your energy and fun loving spirit is contagious and made our trip really cool.
Hope we can all ride again in the future.

Let's ride!
John