Search box

Saturday, May 10, 2008

May Flowers?

HA! That's funny...

Today was the monthly Mountain Shadow Riders meeting...and the May meeting brings the usual meeting stuff. I belong to a women's motorcycling group, right?

So I drove my van. I went outside this morning and thought...hmmmm...it's darned cold and I'm not going to ride. Besides, I saw the big bank of dark gray clouds that were floating over the front range. Uhhh..no riding for this wahine.

As I'm riding down to the meeting, I notice a motorcyclist on a blue Ultra Classic. I pull up along side the bike and I know the rider. I shout out a greeting--he's on his way to teach his motorcycle riding class...brrrrrrrr....he laughs and says that the weather will be great in a few hours. I disagree and wave him on his way.

A few hours later...nope. Still wayyyy cold. Springtime in the Rockies. As a matter of fact, it rained a bit and the rain was mixed with a bit of slush. Yeah.................

It never did warm up as a matter of fact, I started a fire this evening to take the chill out of the air.

Tomorrow, it'll be 73 and gorgeous.

Yep, springtime in the rockies. Nothing quite like it.

I'd like to ride sometime and not freeze, thank you very much. Sigh....

Keep the shiny side up--and ride a few miles for me, willya??

~The Rainbow Wahine

No comments: