Search box

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Riding on the Back...of a V-Rod...VRRROOOM!

My friends and I get out on Wednesdays to celebrate happy hour together. Usually consisting of happy-hour pizza and whatever other discounted food we want at Old Chicago's. We had been getting tired of the pizza-pasta-pizza-pasta routine, so we decided on some different bar food....at Champps.

My friends like to meet at Old Chicago because they are deeply embroiled in a beer tour competition. Not really sure what that means, but since they were out of town, we took advantage of going somewhere else!

I actually rode up in the car since there were four of us--two being kids and the visiting kid didn't have any safety gear. That said, my son didn't want to ride either, so it was the car for us.

The restaurant was up at the Shops of Briargate--not too far from the house. Not really an important point except after dinner the girls wanted to window shop and the boys...not so much. My girlfriend offered to give me a ride on her V-Rod and I was okay with it.

After all, what girl wants to turn down a short shopping excursion for all things girly? Not this one!

Thank goodness I had sneakers on instead of sandals!

Shopping done, we headed out. My friend, Cindy is a great rider so I wasn't too worried about riding on the back with her. After all, her boyfriend had ridden on the back at the Breast Cancer Awareness ride--some 100+ miles of Colorado roads...so what's a few miles??

Hahahahaha!

I looked at the seat and though...hmmmm...that's a little passenger pillion! In addition, I thought she had a backrest.

Not.

Oh well, no worries...kinda. We take off and I warn her not to take off too quickly...or I might actually fall off the back.

She laughed and commented, "You mean you don't want me to show you the power of this machine"?

No.

I think it would have been really fun if there were a backrest...but alas, there was none so I just made the best of it.

And I didn't fall off!!!

My old bones are quite thankful!

Well, that's a short adventure.

And Kudos to Jamie for doing the ride with Cindy on the back with no backrest. I don't think I would have lasted more than 10 miles!!

Keep the Shiny Side Up!

~The Rainbow Wahine

No comments: