Search box

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Ride to...Eat

Yesterday's adventure was supposed to be a ride out to the Bucksnort Saloon in Sphnix Park, Colorado. It's a wonderful ride through some beautiful twisties. Not to mention their signature Buck Burgers.

Alas, it was not meant to be! The winds were quite blustery. With 35 mile-per-hour winds and gusts up over 50 miles per hour the consensus was....nahhhhh.....

Instead, my little group decided to take a short spin up to Green Mountain Falls and have lunch at the Mucky Duck. It's the first time I've ever been in this little gem in Green Mountain Falls. Known for their French Dip sandwich, this was a nice little stop to fill our bellies and kibbitz with one another. It's not a very big establishment, but was able to accomodate our group of 12 easily with a reservation. I had a lovely spinach salad and french onion soup...and my son had most of my soup!!

In addition, our host was quite gracious and frankly, had a great sense of humor to put up with the likes of our kibbitzing!!

Two hours later, we decided to head back to the Springs. It was a great ride down the pass on Hwy 24 and we arrived safe and sound and not too terribly wind blown.

Hopefully the wind will not hang around here too long. It's been a very windy spring and, darn it, I'm ready for it to blow away....far away.... I had a few of my other riding friends tell me that the winds of this day were terrible and the day's ride was not very fun.

I hope everyone has a safe Memorial Day Weekend. If you see a Vet, please thank them for their service--I know that I am very grateful for all those that stand guard for our freedom.

Keep The Shiny Side Up!

~The Rainbow Wahine

No comments: