Search box

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mountain Shadow Riders March Meeting

What a great March meeting!  It was great to see my many friends!  There were lots of new faces as well, so new riding adventures are on the way!!

I did get to ride down--and it was cold!!  Lots of cold weather gear!  It was nice to cruise down the highway, though and let the wind blow over my stocking cap!

The meeting was informative and fun.  One of the things that the chapter is doing is collecting food items for the Silver Key Senior Services.  Silver Key's mission is to "find and implement ways to ensure that the elderly are aging safely with dignity and independence".  Our chapter has been challenged by the Ladies of Harley--the first group to bring in 10,000 food item will be the winner of a brunch that the other group has to provide.  Of course, we want bragging rights, but at the end of the day, the real winner is the senior citizens that get food items from Silver Key. 

We also presented ideas on the 2011 MSR ride contest.  This year, the theme is  "Ride Like an Animal".  My motorcycle with animals, animal signs, etc.  Pretty simple and interesting.  I submitted the Scavenger Hunt, but I was soundly beaten out by Trouble....who went to the trouble of making a really cool presentation with pictures and all.  Kudos to her!!

The ride back was still cold!  Trust me, I did ride all the way home with a huge grin on my face!!  I'm soooo looking forward to the riding season!!

Keep the Shiny Side Up!!

2 comments:

ferestre exterior said...

You didn`t made any pictures? Post them, we all want to see your friends ant the places you`ve seen.

Anonymous said...

Hi- I'm a new rider (in CO too!) blogging at http://www.themotorcycleproject.blogspot.com/

I hope you check it out