Search box

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Goodbye My Cranky

Ahhhhh.....where does the time go?? Somewhere, evidently! With less than a week of 2007 left, I realized there has been some time since I've posted.

Motorcycle adventures? What motorcycle adventures?

There have been a few stories--some worth noting, some not worth mentioning.

There have been two "worthy" notes in the past few months. Cranky, my beloved V-Star 1100, finally has a home worthy of the machine. Sigh. This wonderful machine had a whole 2,500 miles on him in the two plus years I've owned him.

The decision to sell him was difficult--my first wholly owned motorcycle and a wonderful machine at that. I had procrastinated working on the motorcycle just to have the excuse not to put the bike up on the market. However, the opportunity presented itself to one of my fellow rider friends that her boyfriend was looking for a Yamaha motorcycle, and I knew I had to do something.

Fortunately, the relationship was a good fit, and the deal done. Cranky will be ridden and appreciated by his new owner and I have space in my garage for the mom-mobile.

Well, not yet, anyway! With all the ice, snow and cold weather, the motorcycle is still spending time in my garage. Hopefully in the next few weeks after the holidays and thawing out, I'll get the Star out to his new owner.

It was sad, but honestly, I wasn't a good owner because I just didn't ride it enough.

Here's to many wonderful miles between the V-Star 1100 and his new owner!

Keep the Shiny Side Up!

~The Rainbow Wahine

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you have a great New Year!

Unknown said...

I appreciate your sentiment, Christine. I sold my customized Roadstar a few months ago and was shocked to find that it had been brokered and was actually going to the Czech Republic!!! I never expected that, but someone in Europe now has a very cool bike. I bought a low milage (700 miles) Electra Glide from a man in Georgia who could no longer ride. It needed (needs) a minor touch-ups, but it's a great bike and now has almost 4,000 miles on it, just 2 months later.

When you need to ride, come down to Florida and join us. No twisties or hills, but year-round riding has some advantages.

Have a great new year and get out during those warm spells. It's about the ride.